How to care for your Thermal-Gard® Building Products, Inc.
- Vacuum soil and debris from the track or sill before washing.
- To clean window and door frames use a mixture of mild dish soap or a non-abrasive soap and water.
- Rinse thoroughly and dry with a soft cloth.
- Make sure weep holes are clear of obstruction and draining properly.
- Remove screens and wash them with a soft brush on a flat surface with mild dish soap and water.
- Occasionally check the weather stripping around all window and door sashes.
- When Spring and Fall cleaning your windows lubricate all moving parts, including rollers and tracks with a silicone based lubrication. (To avoid staining on a visible portion of the window test the product on an unseen portion.)
- Use a non-wax furniture polish for plastics parts of the window
Items to avoid when caring for your windows:
- Abrasive or caustic cleaners or solvents. They may damage the finish of your windows and doors.
- Washing windows in direct sunlight.
- Use of a pressure washer. The powerful spray may damage the insulation and glass seal.
- Sharp instruments or abrasive pads for glass cleaning.
- Applying anything to the glass with a sticky base, heat from the sun may bake the adhesive to the glass (for example masking tape)